Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Proton Exora to be launched tonight!

April 15, 2009/Proton MPV 2009


We’ve seriously come a long way and it has been a long wait for this vehicle which will be Proton and the country’s first ever affordable people mover, at under RM80k for a vehicle that can decently move 7 adults and some minor luggage. We first knew this vehicle simply by the name Proton MPV until its name - Proton Exora - was handpicked by a contest winner and unveiled a few months ago.

Stay tuned for 1030pm tonight where this site will unveil plenty more juicy details on the new Proton Exora. There was a previous report on a test drive experience of a prototype car, I hope you’ve all read that already otherwise please check them out in the linked related posts in this story. Some interesting BCM details in those stories!

Other than the specs and price of the Proton Exora I will also share with you my initial driving impressions of the actual production car, instead of the previous drive session which was with a prototype. So come back later tonight, it’s a decent product and I am as excited about writing the story as you hopefully are about reading it!

Source: http://paultan.org/


I "un-wrapped" an Exora this morning, the unit I saw is the H-Line model. I was shown the key, which is I won't want to reveal it here.

This model should be saleable, it has got the looks, the feel. I hope the production
can meet the demand later. I faced that when Proton first launched the Saga many moons ago.

It took us nearly 6 months to clear the bookings. A combination of heartache and headache for both of us.

Cheerio !


Posted by: MF

No comments:

Post a Comment