Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Saw, Heard and was There!


(This appears in The Borneo Post Mon 15/03/2010)

Hey folks, we are making the local news. Thank you Borneo Post for highlighting it.

The Ibans must be united to have a strong voice and to become a potent force. We must unite All Dayaks if possible under "1-Banner."

Those days, SDNU represented everyone until the others broke away. Now, we're so divided and we have far too many Organisations until we can't speak as ONE Voice anymore!

Politics is killing our brotherhood. "United we stand, divided we fall" is rightly said about our peoples. And the minority is using these tactics to cling on to power.

Do we still feel inferior to others just because somebody calls you a "lakia?"

We must instill that fighting spirit back into our younger generations so that they will know their basic rights, as why we decided to be a part of Malaysia in the 1st place.

I'm sorry if I sounded patriotic folks, and I'm not trying to incite our people to rebel or go underground. It is just that we have to understand our present predicament as to why we are so far behind in terms of development although we have achieved Independence almost into its 50th year now!

I think I've written long enough and I'm no politician. But I demand better treatment as I'm a Bumiputra and I've my rights as a tax-paying Citizen of Malaysia.


(Picture shows a unruly bunch of Kuching drivers parking their vehicles indiscriminately somewhere in Kuching city!)

The Kuchingites' driving styles are amongst the worst around. They do not cultivate the civic-mindedness in their children when teaching them how to drive.

Living in a plural society, we must have respect and have tolerance for one another.

And if you honked a "wrong" character, you'll get the stare that will make you want to vomit, because the guy could be saying something impolite to you though he is the main culprit and offender!

So folks, be extremely careful when you're behind the wheels. We have cases of "road bully" killing someone due to un-control rage. It was highlighted in the local papers and even on Television. How frightening it have become.

In most fights, people just stood by without involving themselves and in some case the policemen even turned away their cheeks as if nothing had happened.

This comment made is not trying to scare anyone when driving in Kuching, but as a guidelines when you're on the road.

There are still people living in the stone-age residing in Kuching.


(Picture of Asam Fish Fillet cooked in Claypot, a bowl costs RM5.50 and it's very much like mum's cooking)

I love eating fish. You can have it deep fried, steamed or anyway you like. This Asam Fish Fillet cooked in claypot is a must for me at least once a fortnight.

Some hawkers are selling RM7 per bowl, depending on the variety of fish used as the main ingredient.

So folks, if you like fish when in Kuching let me know and I'll show you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment