Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pictures taken during the rehearsal for the Gawai Dayak Dinner


( The backdrop, our "Official Paper" this year is The Star, who sponsored the Miss Photogenic Contest)

We truly enjoyed meeting our 'extended' Dayak families from the Kalimantan Barat. I was taken by surprise by Bapak Clary Sada and few others, who spoke good Iban!

I hope it will be more merrier next year. I have to apologise because I can't make it to your Gawai Dayak 25th Year Celebrations this year. But God willing, I'll try next year.



(The tables arrangement that night. We received some complaints, we'll do our best to rectify the mistakes made this Year)


( The Cultural troupe from Kalimantan Barat/Kalbar, with their former Dara Kumang 1992, if I'm not mistaken?)


(These Dayaks from Kalbar mesmerized us with their war-dance ( Ajat Bebunuh) as well as their beautiful costumes which is different from ours)


( Extreme right is Ferry,a Kayan who were amongst the earliest who arrived on Friday night and joined us for dinner)


(This drum was specially brought in by their Cultural troupe along with their own musical instruments like the gongs & sape)

No comments:

Post a Comment