Friday, July 3, 2009

Ibans "tailor-made" for the Oil & Gas Industry?



I found this in the Borneo Post.

I don't know how to take the comment made here, it's up to you guys to give a feedback.

On a personal note, I quite dis-agree with it but I don't want to take it too personal.

But I'm very sure out there are many others having the same thinking as mine!

Maybe because we can't get opportunities in Government Service, I do not know.

Or is it that Ibans are not qualified enough to enter other fields such as corporate sectors, banking or any other equally challenging services?

I have met so many Iban ladies, dudes working in coffeeshops, or that is what Iban leaders prefer them to do since we are the majority here and that is also our main speciality like "manuk pansuh" .... ?

I hope my comment is not causing any controversy or stirring up some hornet's nest? I just want to fight for the rights of my children, their future is in our hands, folks. I hope you realise that.

I'm sure others have the same passion, the same feelings.

So what are we going to do about that?

Please leave your comment here. Let us share what we have, our thoughts on this matter.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Good topic MF! But its quite subjective as one's opinion and thoughts differ from one another. On the other hand, they are some 'seniors' i might say whom happen to be iban themselves, made a statement that our race is not worth to be in a position like a Boss / manager just like other races do. he made it sound like we're born to just serve people

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shows they are not sensitive to our needs, Amy. How could they simply give out comments like that without thinking of the implications and the effect on our people?

    And Amy, I don't think we lack materials to be Leaders in any industry.

    Hopefully, the new generations will show their worth to these so-called leaders of our masyarakat!

    ReplyDelete